Pathfinder RPG Packages
Pathfinder Players and GMs, Hero Lab has many options for your game! Find what you’re looking for below:
- Two Ways to Get Started with Pathfinder
- Rulebook Entry Path
- Class Pack Entry Path
- Additional Pathfinder Add-Ons
- Pathfinder Rulebook Add-Ons
- Discount Add-On Bundles
- Bestiary Add-Ons
- Adventure Path Packages
- Player Companion Add-Ons
- Campaign Setting Add-Ons
- Specialized Add-Ons
- Third Party Add-Ons
Each entry path offers a different approach to access the material from seven essential rulebooks: Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook, Advanced Player’s Guide, Ultimate Combat, Ultimate Magic, Advanced Class Guide, Occult Adventures, and Ultimate Intrigue (upon release in spring 2016). Both entry paths feature the same initial price of $29.99.
The Rulebook Entry Path is the way we’ve traditionally made Hero Lab available to gamers. You start with the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook and add individual rulebook packages to your license. This is typically the best entry path for GMs and players who plan to purchase all seven essential rulebooks in the near future.
The Class Pack Entry Path is an alternative, cost-effective way of getting started with Hero Lab. This entry path is tailored to players, providing access to all the material from the seven essential Pathfinder rulebooks for only a limited number of classes. This news post contains extensive details about how you can unlock your favorite classes through Class Packs.
Whether you choose the Rulebook Entry Path or Class Pack Entry Path, all Pathfinder users receive the following bonus content, including:
- Feats, items, prestige classes and other player content from the Pathfinder Adventure Paths;
- Complete content from the Pathfinder Inner Sea World Guide;
- All NPCs from the NPC Codex, Inner Sea NPC Codex, Gamemastery Guide, NPC Guide, Rival Guide, and NPC Codex.
The Rulebook Entry Path and Class Pack Entry Path each have a number of add-on packages unique to the specific model, allowing you to purchase additional rulebook content or unlock further classes, respectively. There are also numerous other general add-on packages available to both entry paths, and all may be purchased at our online store.
Not sure if you should choose the Rulebook Entry Path or the Class Pack Entry Path? More details on each are presented below. Answers to all remaining questions should be found on our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Selecting this entry path allows you to access content from the seven essential Pathfinder rulebooks on a book-by-book basis. You’ll start with content from the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook, plus the bonus content listed above. Content from the six remaining essential rulebooks is purchased via separate packages, with all the options from each rulebook (classes, archetypes, feats, etc.) becoming available when the rulebook add-on is purchased.
To access content from the additional essential rulebooks, you can purchase the Rulebook Entry Path Packages in any combination below:
- Advanced Player’s Guide – new classes, alternate racial traits, archetypes, feats, spells, and more from the Advanced Player’s Guide. ($9.99)
- Ultimate Combat – new classes, archetypes, feats, spells, equipment, variant rules and more from the Ultimate Combat supplement. ($9.99)
- Ultimate Magic – the new Magus class, archetypes, feats and spells from the Ultimate Magic supplement. ($9.99)
- Advanced Class Guide – 10 new “hybrid classes”, plus new archetypes, feats, spells, and gear to put a brand new spin on your Pathfinder game! ($9.99)
- New! Occult Adventures – six new occult base classes, more than 100 new spells using the all-new psychic magic system, new archetypes and feats to expand your occult characters, and more. ($9.99)
- Coming Spring 2016! Ultimate Intrigue – will introduce the Vigilante, a new base class that allows your character to take on a secret identity. Stay tuned for more news on what to expect in this new package for Pathfinder. ($9.99)
By choosing this option, you’ll receive one initial Pathfinder Class Pack, unlocking 3-4 classes and all material from the seven essential Pathfinder rulebooks. All archetypes for unlocked classes are included, as well as all feats, spells, gear, optional rules, and everything else from those rulebooks – everything you need to create characters with your unlocked classes.
To unlock new classes, you can purchase additional Class Packs at any time (don’t forget that your first Class Pack is included):
- Fighter Class Pack – unlocks Fighter, Cavalier, and Samurai ($6.99)
- Barbarian Class Pack – unlocks Barbarian (and Unchained Barbarian*), Gunslinger, Swashbuckler, and Skald ($6.99)
- Ranger Class Pack – unlocks Ranger, Monk (and Unchained Monk*), Brawler, and Hunter ($6.99)
- Paladin Class Pack – unlocks Paladin (and Antipaladin), Magus, Inquisitor, and Medium ($6.99)
- Rogue Class Pack – unlocks Rogue (and Unchained Rogue*), Ninja, Investigator, and Slayer ($6.99)
- Cleric Class Pack – unlocks Cleric, Psychic, and Warpriest ($6.99)
- Druid Class Pack – unlocks Druid, Oracle, Shaman, and Spiritualist ($6.99)
- Bard Class Pack – unlocks includes Bard, Alchemist, Occultist, and Vigilante (upon release of Ultimate Intrigue, Spring 2016) ($6.99)
- Wizard Class Pack – unlocks Wizard, Kineticist, Arcanist, and Mesmerist ($6.99)
- Sorcerer Class Pack – unlocks Sorcerer, Witch, Summoner (and Unchained Summoner*), and Bloodrager ($6.99)
There are a variety of Pathfinder rulebooks that are not incorporated into the two entry paths. The content from these rulebooks is available through the add-on packages below:
- The Advanced Race Guide contains the new alternate racial traits, favored class bonuses, archetypes, feats, spells, equipment, and more from the Advanced Race Guide. ($9.99)
- Inner Sea Gods holds hundreds of deities from the Inner Sea region, including their obediences, boons, variant spellcasting, new spells, prestige classes, feats, magic items, traits, and more. ($9.99)
- Mythic Adventures includes mythic paths, feats, magic items, spells, and general mythic rules from the Mythic Adventures supplement. ($9.99)
- New! Pathfinder Unchained introduces brand-new versions of 4 classic classes, simplified monster creation rules, and more “unchained” options from the Pathfinder designers. ($9.99) (Note: Simple Monster Creation is not yet supported, and will be added later as a free update.)
- Ultimate Campaign contains material from the Ultimate Campaign supplement, including support for character backgrounds, kingdoms, armies, downtime rules, and more. ($9.99)
- Ultimate Equipment incorporates the weapons, armor, gear, and magic items from the Ultimate Equipment supplement. ($9.99)
If you’re looking to purchase several packages at once, these discounted package bundles could save you some money! We always announce new discount bundles in our monthly newsletter.
- The Pathfinder 2015 RPG Bundle includes all the official Pathfinder rulebook packages we release during 2015, beginning with Pathfinder Unchained and Player Companion #19. This is the ultimate bundle of convenience for Pathfinder fans! ($64.99)
- The Bestiary #1-3 Bundle combines the “Bestiary 1“, “Bestiary 2“, and “Bestiary 3” packages into one bundle for a discounted cost. Get all three for 15% off! ($29.99)
- The Player Companion Bundle #1 combines the “Adventurer’s Armory“, “Player Companion Races #1“, “Player Companion Races #2“, “Player Companion Regions #1“, and “Player Companion Regions #2” packages into one bundle for a discounted cost. Get 5 for the price of 4! ($19.99)
- New! Player Companion Bundle #2 combines the “Player Companion #6-10” packages into one bundle for a discounted cost. Save 20% when buying them together! ($19.99)
- New! Player Companion Bundle #3 combines the “Player Companion #11-15” packages into one bundle for a discounted cost. Get 5 for the price of 4! ($19.99)
- New! Player Companion Bundle #4 combines the “Player Companion #16-20” packages into one bundle for a discounted cost. Save 20% when buying them together! ($19.99)
Please note: Player Companion package #20 is not yet available, and will be released over 2015 as their component books are released.
- Campaign Setting Bundle #1 combines the “Campaign Setting #1-5” packages into one bundle for a discounted cost. Get 5 for the price of 4! ($19.99)
- New! Campaign Setting Bundle #2 combines the “Campaign Setting #6-10” packages into one bundle for a discounted cost. Save 20% when buying them together! ($19.99)
- New! Campaign Setting Bundle #3 combines the “Campaign Setting #11-15” packages into one bundle for a discounted cost. Get 5 for the price of 4! ($19.99)
Please note: Campaign Setting package #15 is not yet available, and will be released over 2015 as their component books are released.
- The Classic Bundle combines all the books from the “Player Companion Bundle #1” and “Campaign Setting Bundle #1” at a further discount. That’s content from over 35 books at a 40% discount compared to buying each package separately! ($29.99)
Note that the first three Bestiary packages are also available together as the Bestiary Bundle at a 15% discount.
- Pathfinder Bestiary 1 includes over 275 new races from the Pathfinder Bestiary, ready to be incorporated into your games. Perfect for GMs, this package includes all the races from the Bestiary, allowing you to quickly create customized monster NPCs. ($14.99)
- Pathfinder Bestiary 2 adds over 300 new races, abilities and templates from the Pathfinder Bestiary 2, fully integrated with Hero Lab. ($9.99)
- Pathfinder Bestiary 3 adds over 300 new races, abilities and templates from the Pathfinder Bestiary 3, fully integrated with Hero Lab. ($9.99)
- Pathfinder Bestiary 4 adds over 300 new races, abilities and templates from the Pathfinder Bestiary 4, fully integrated with Hero Lab. Warning: Contains Cthulhu. ($9.99)
- New! The Monster Codex includes new templates, archetypes, class features, variants, and NPCs for 20 existing “monster races”, from Boggards to Vampires and more! Please note: The races in this book are not included with the Monster Codex, and must be purchased separately (for example, as part of the Bestiary or Advanced Race Guide packages). ($9.99)
Note, if any encounter within an Adventure Path package uses material from a Pathfinder supplement (like the Advanced Players Guide or the Bestiary), that material will be provided for use within that Adventure Path.
- Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition includes all the encounters from this award-winning Adventure Path, pre-built in Hero Lab and ready for use in your games! ($24.99)
- Iron Gods includes all the encounters from this otherworldly Adventure Path, pre-built in Hero Lab and ready for use in your games! ($24.99)
- New! Giantslayer contains all the encounters to fight fearsome giants and grisly ogres in this classic-fantasy Adventure Path, pre-built in Hero Lab and ready for use in your games! ($24.99)
Note that bundles of Player Companion packages are available together as the Player Companion Bundles at a 20% discount. The first five packages are also available with the first five Campaign Setting packages as the Classic Bundle at a 40% discount.
- Adventurer’s Armory incorporates all of the material from the Adventurer’s Armory supplement for Pathfinder. ($4.99)
- Player Companion Races #1 incorporates all of the material from the first three Player Companion supplements focused on races: Elves of Golarion, Dwarves of Golarion, and Gnomes of Golarion. ($4.99)
- Player Companion Races #2 provides the content from the following four Player Companion supplements focused on races: Orcs of Golarion, Goblins of Golarion, Halflings of Golarion, and Humans of Golarion. ($4.99)
- Player Companion Regions #1 includes all material from the first three Player Companion books focused on regions: Osirion, Land of the Pharaohs; Taldor, Echoes of Glory; and Qadira, Gateway to the East. ($4.99)
- Player Companion Regions #2 spans the content from the second three Player Companion books focused on regions: Cheliax, Empire of Devils; Andoran, Spirit of Liberty (2010 Player Companion); and Sargava, the Lost Colony. ($4.99)
- Player Companion #6 contains material from the Inner Sea Primer, Faiths of Purity, and Faiths of Balance. ($4.99)
- Player Companion #7 contains material from Faiths of Corruption, Dragon Empires Primer, and Pirates of the Inner Sea. ($4.99)
- Player Companion #8 contains material from Blood of Fiends, Blood of Angels, and Varisia: Birthplace of Legends. ($4.99)
- Player Companion #9 contains material from Knights of the Inner Sea, Blood of the Night, and People of the North. ($4.99)
- Player Companion #10 contains material from Animal Archive, the Dungeoneer’s Handbook, and Champions of Purity. ($4.99)
- Player Companion #11 includes content from Quests & Campaigns, Kobolds of Golarion, and the Dragonslayer’s Handbook. ($4.99)
- Player Companion #12 contains material from the Pathfinder Society Primer, Faiths and Philosophies, and the Demon Hunter’s Handbook. ($4.99)
- Player Companion #13 contains material from Mythic Origins, Blood of the Moon, and Magical Marketplace. ($4.99)
- Player Companion #14 contains material from People of the Sands, Bastards of Golarion, and Champions of Balance. ($4.99)
- Player Companion #15 includes content from Alchemy Manual, Undead Slayer’s Handbook, and the Harrow Handbook. ($4.99)
- Player Companion #16 includes content from Blood of the Elements, People of the River, and People of the Stars. ($4.99)
- Player Companion #17 includes material from Champions of Corruption, Advanced Class Origins, and Ranged Tactics Toolbox. ($4.99)
- Player Companion #18 contains material from the Giant Hunter’s Handbook, Familiar Folio, and Melee Tactics Toolbox. ($4.99)
- New! Player Companion #19 contains material from Heroes of the Wild, Cohorts & Companions, and Monster Summoner’s Handbook. ($4.99)
Note that bundles of Campaign Setting packages are available together as the Campaign Setting Bundles at a 20% discount. The first 5 packages are also available with the first five Player Companion packages as the Classic Bundle at a 40% discount.
- Campaign Setting #1 includes Classic Monsters Revisited, Guide to Darkmoon Vale, Gods & Magic, Into the Darklands, and Dark Markets: A Guide to Katapesh. ($4.99)
- Campaign Setting #2 contains Dragons Revisited, Dungeon Denizens Revisited, Seekers of Secrets: A Guide to the Pathfinder Society, and The Great Beyond. ($4.99)
- Campaign Setting #3 holds content from Book of the Damned Volume 1: Princes of Darkness, Cities of Golarion, Classic Horrors Revisited, Guide to the River Kingdoms, and Classic Treasures Revisted. ($4.99)
- Campaign Setting #4 includes material from the Faction Guide, Heart of the Jungle, City of Strangers, and Misfit Monsters Redeemed. ($4.99)
- Campaign Setting #5 includes material from Book of the Damned Volume 2: Lords of Chaos, Lost Cities of Golarion, the Rival Guide, and Undead Revisited. ($4.99)
- Campaign Setting #6 contains content from Dungeons of Golarion, the Pathfinder Society Field Guide, and Inner Sea Magic. ($4.99)
- Campaign Setting #7 contains content from Lands of the Linnorm Kings, Book of the Damned Volume 3: Horsemen of the Apocalypse, Dragon Empires Gazetteer, Mythical Monsters Revisited, Distant Worlds, and Isles of the Shackles. ($4.99)
- Campaign Setting #8 contains content from Giants Revisited, Lost Kingdoms, Magnimar: City of Monuments, and Paths of Prestige. ($4.99)
- Campaign Setting #9 contains material from Artifacts & Legends, Inner Sea Bestiary, Mystery Monsters Revisited, and Irrisen, Land of Eternal Winter. ($4.99)
- Campaign Setting #10 includes material from Fey Revisited, Chronicle of the Righteous, Dragons Unleashed, Castles of the Inner Sea, and The Worldwound. ($4.99)
- Campaign Setting #11 includes material from Demons Revisited, Mythic Realms, Osirion, Legacy of Pharaohs, and Inner Sea Combat. ($4.99)
- Campaign Setting #12 includes material from Occult Mysteries, Numeria Land of Fallen Stars, and the Technology Guide. ($4.99)
- Campaign Setting #13 includes material from Undead Unleashed, Ships of the Inner Sea, Lost Treasures, Belkzen, Hold of the Orc Hordes, Tombs of Golarion, and Andoran, Birthplace of Freedom. ($4.99)
- New! Campaign Setting #14 includes material from Inner Sea Monster Codex and at least one other book. ($4.99)
- New! Summon Monster Creatures includes access to every monster listed as a summon option, such as those listed by the Summon Good Monster feat, the expanded list from Monster Summoner’s Handbook, Summon Nature’s Ally, and more! ($4.99)
Pick up packages from publishers like Frog God Games, Green Ronin Publishing, Kobold Press, Legendary Games, and Rite Publishing!
- Third Party Add-Ons – Frog God Games
- Third Party Add-Ons – Green Ronin Publishing
- Third Party Add-Ons – Kobold Press
- Third Party Add-Ons – Legendary Games
- Third Party Add-Ons – Rite Publishing
- New! The Tome of Horrors IV package, produced by Frog God Games, includes over 300 monsters and templates from the Tome of Horrors IV. ($14.99)
- The Tome of Horrors Complete package, produced by Frog God Games, includes over 750 monsters and templates from the Tome of Horrors Complete. Stock portfolios with artwork for all of these monsters are also included, for maximum ease of use in your games! It’s like 3 Bestiaries all in one! ($29.99)
- New! Produced by Green Ronin Publishing, the Advanced Bestiary package features over 100 new templates for use in your games. With concepts ranging from the fearsome blood knight to the bizarre id ooze, the Advanced Bestiary offers unprecedented flexibility for campaigns of any style! ($19.99)
- New! The New Paths Compendium package, produced by Kobold Press, provides players with a wealth of new options when building your hero. Currently includes the first half of the New Paths Compendium – traits, legendary items, archetypes for core classes, and the Theurge class will be added in a future update. ($14.99)
- New! The Deep Magic package, produced by Kobold Press, offers more than 600 new spells, with options for every Pathfinder RPG spellcasting class. Become a master of clockwork magic, dragon magic, or shadow magic. Also includes dozens of new spellcasting archetypes, bloodlines, and feats. ($19.99)
- The Free City of Zobeck package, produced by Kobold Press, lets you journey to the famous Crossroads City, compiled at last for everyone who loves noir adventure, clockwork characters, dwarves, and kobolds. A wealth of new feats, PC races, spells, equipment and archetypes are available for everyone who loves gritty and urban characters! This package includes content from Alleys of Zobeck, Streets of Zobeck, the Zobeck Gazetteer, and the Player’s Guide to the Crossroads. ($9.99)
- The Midgard Bestiary package, produced by Kobold Press, includes 100+ of the greatest monsters from Kobold Quarterly magazine and Open Design’s award-winning adventures. These deadly foes include steam golems, ghost knights, blood hags, cave dragons, dire weasels, and more! ($9.99)
- The Midgard Campaign Setting package, produced by Kobold Press, includes new archetypes, deities, feats, magic items, and more from the Midgard Campaign Setting book. ($9.99)
- New! Dabble in the realms of horror with the Gothic Campaign Compendium package, produced by Legendary Games. Whether fighting the bloodthirsty manikin or trying out creepy spells like necrophagy, your horror-themed Pathfinder game will be one your players won’t forget. Enjoy new feats, archetypes, magic items, and more with this debut package from Legendary Games! ($14.99)
This package includes content from Gothic Grimoires: The Necrotic Verses, To Serve A Prince Undying, Spellbones Of The Devourer, The Sepulchral Swaths of Tanoth-Gha, On the Unseen Calculus of Inverse Refraction, plus The Mad Doctor’s Formulary, Construct Codex, Treasury Of The Macabre, Tomes Of Ancient Knowledge, Cultic Cryptomancia, Beyond the Void, Gothic Heroes, Mutant Manifesto, Feasting at Lanterngeist, The Murmuring Fountain, and The Fiddlers Lament!
- The 1001 Spells package, produced by Rite Publishing, includes over 100 new spells at each level for you to use in your games. ($9.99)
- Journey to the Far East with the Heroes of the Jade Oath package, produced by Rite Publishing. With new skills like Fung Shui, as well as new feats and optional rules, your players will enjoy exploring this rich culture’s history within this new Pathfinder setting. Enjoy new classes, archetypes, spells and more! ($14.99)
- Learn the Secrets of Adventuring, produced by Rite Publishing. Includes new classes, feats, archetypes, and more. ($14.99)
- New! In The Company Of Monsters, produced by Rite Publishing, contains six evocative player races and racial paragon classes that are sure to bring new and exciting encounters to your game. Includes new options for the Gargoyle, Giant, Ironborn, Minotaur, Restless Soul, and Wyrd races. ($9.99)