Version 3.3 of the Army Builder brand roster construction tool was released in December 2010, and can be downloaded here. We've added many highly-requested features in this free update, so check them out!
You can also find information about the features added in Army Builder 3.2, if you're upgrading from an older version of the product.
- New Features & Changes
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Updating from Previous Versions
New Features & Changes
- Customizable output: By writing an XSLT file, you can generate totally customizable Army Builder output for your rosters. You can also create game-specific output formats, to make your rosters look great and fit in with whatever you're playing.
- Set your own unit images: Add your own unit images, from pictures stored on your computer or downloaded from the web. These images can then be shown while you're creating an army, and printed along with roster output.
- Unit card support: You can now add "unit card" images to your units, which can be viewed within Army Builder and will automatically print in a 3x3 grid after your roster.
- Widescreen mode: Those of you with larger monitors can now show a new set of info windows to show beside your roster. You'll be able to show all sorts of new options, like displaying unit images, showing roster statistics, roster validation info, and other assorted output.
- Improved info windows: You can now modify info window size by clicking and dragging a "splitter" between windows, and show additional info windows beside the "Available Units" grid if you have the space.
- Tournament text output: V3.3 can output your roster in a format tailored for tournament organizers, showing all point costs and nothing else.
- Improved Select Game System form: Instead of always loading a game from the Select Game System form and then picking a saved roster, you can directly choose a roster to load, getting you started that much faster.
- Better Windows 7 support: Army Builder now runs without requiring elevated permissions, no matter where it is installed. We've also added "jump list" support for users with Windows 7, who can now right-click the Army Builder icon and launch a roster directly.
- Plus bug fixes, authoring improvements, and more!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will I be able to use my old data files with Army Builder 3.3?
Yes. All data files that work in Army Builder 3.1 or 3.2 will load into Army Builder 3.3. You should be able to install AB3.3 and immediately start working with the same data files you used in previous versions of Army Builder.
Army Builder 3.3 is a free update for users with an active (i.e. non-expired) Army Builder license. Simply download and install v3.3 to get started.
Army Builder is a registered trademark of Lone Wolf Development, Inc.
The Army Builder logo and the Lone Wolf Development logo are trademarks of Lone Wolf Development, Inc.
Hero Lab, the Hero Lab logo, Realm Works, and Fog of World are registered trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc.
Tournament Ace, Card Vault, Powered By Hero Lab, the Card Vault logo, the Realm Works logo, and the Tournament Ace logo are trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc.
Copyright © 1998-2019 by Lone Wolf Development, Inc. All rights reserved.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPad and Mac are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Other product names and logos are trademarks of their respective owners. See our Legal Details page for further information.