This page describes 4th Edition support for Hero Lab. To read more about Hero Lab, visit the Hero Lab Features page, or the page for a specific game system - you can find links at the bottom of this page.
The 4th Edition data files are available thanks to the hard work of our community volunteers, and require the Authoring Kit to use. They are maintained by the community, and are not officially supported by us or licensed from Wizards of the Coast.
4th Edition Features
- See how many At-Will, Encounter, Daily, and Utility powers you're allowed, and what levels of powers you can take. Hero Lab warns you if the powers you pick don't meet the requirements for your level.
- Create heroes of up to 30th level, assigning Multiclass feats, Paragon Paths and Epic Destinies when you reach the appropriate levels.
- Once you've created a hero, transfer him or her to d20Pro's virtual tabletop with just a few clicks of the mouse. This allows you all the power and flexibility of Hero Lab's character management engine, coupled with the extensive capabilities of d20Pro's virtual tabletop, to run your regular game session.
- The Special Tab displays an overview of your hero's powers, split up by category. You can see how many encounter, daily or consumable powers you have left with a single glance.
- Hero Lab calculates a full breakdown of many of your traits. Mouse over an ability, weapon, or skill to see a complete list of the bonuses and penalties applying to it. No more "Wait, why is that ability 2 points lower than it should be?"
- All powers have their attack bonus and (where applicable) damage displayed based on the weapons or implements you currently have equipped.
- Track your current health, action points, and healing surges through the in-play tab.
- Save your hero to a text, HTML, BBCode or Wikitext summary, a pdf file, or print it for use in a game. You can choose between portrait and landscape power cards and character sheets.
- Easily see your "key abilities", and how many powers use those abilities, allowing quick optimization of your hero from the abilities panel.
- Feat requirements are clearly displayed, allowing you to see where your hero fails to meet the criteria for the feat.
- Mouseover info provides helpful descriptions of powers, features, feats and skills.
- Weapon damage and attack bonuses are calculated based on weapon size, feats, powers, and all other applicable bonuses.
- Rituals can be bought as scrolls, taken as free "bonus rituals", or learned normally.
- At the end of an encounter, reset the "used" state of all encounter powers with a single click.
- Summary panels show a short summary of each power, including its attack bonus and target defense.
- Hero Lab's innovative Journal mechanism keeps track of your experience, including descriptions and dates of adventure you've been on.
- Paragon Paths and Epic Destinies not available due to class or race requirements are hidden, allowing you to easily look through the ones your hero is eligible for.
- Easily keep track of your different cash, split up between different coin types, with the Journal mechanism.
- Integrated editor allows you to create your own classes, races, powers, feats - almost anything you want.
More Screen Shots
Click here to see more 4th Edition Screen Shots and Sample Output.
Free Demo Version
We offer a free demo version of Hero Lab, letting you test-drive the product for an unlimited amount of time - no registration required! Download the demo now, or check our our downloads page for more details.
Other Games Supported: