This page describes Hero Lab's support for Chaosium's Call of Cthulhu game system. To read more about Hero Lab, visit the Hero Lab Features page, or the page for a specific game system - you can find links at the bottom of this page.
What's Included for 7th edition?
(Please note that choosing this game does not let you create characters for Call of Cthulhu 6th edition.)
- Core data package includes the Call of Cthulhu, 7th Edition rulebook.
- Create a player character, NPC, or even a monster from the Cthulhu Mythos like a Fire Vampire or Mi-Go to terrorize your investigators.
What's Included for 6th edition?
(Please note that choosing this game does not let you create characters for Call of Cthulhu 7th edition.)
- Core data package includes the Call of Cthulhu, 6th Edition rulebook.
- Create a player character, NPC, or even a monster from the Cthulhu Mythos like a Mi-Go or Moon Beast to terrorize your investigators.
Call of Cthulhu Features
- Pick a time period - 1920s or present - and Hero Lab adjusts the available skills and equipment appropriately.
- Characteristic rolls and derived characteristics, including Idea, Luck and Know rolls, Starting Sanity, Hit Points, and Magic Points are automatically calculated and displayed.
- Even complex inter-relationships like Age/Education are calculated properly - as your Education goes up, your minimum Age increases; as your age goes up, you receive bonus education points.
- Exchange Sanity points for increased POW when creating your character, or apply aging effects to a middle-aged or older investigator.
- Choose your profession from any of the standard choices, and pick from a list of configurable occupation skills. Or, create a custom profession for your investigator and choose the list yourself.
- Spend Occupation Skill Points and Personal Interest Skill Points to determine the focus of your investigator. During a game, "check off" skills that you use to mark them for later advancement.
- Occupation skills, and other useful skills like "Persuade", "Dodge" and "Hide", are highlighted for your convenience when creating an investigator. With Hero Lab's reminder, you'll never forget to put points into a "core" skill again!
- See weapon descriptions, special abilities and statistics at a glance. Choose which weapon to equip on the Armory tab.
- Learn new spells and find and read occult tomes - Hero Lab automatically tracks the sanity loss and Cthulhu Mythos gain from reading tomes and learning more about the Mythos.
- Track Sanity gain and loss from reading eldritch tomes, mastering skills, and witnessing otherworldy horrors in your Journal. See a complete log of your sanity gains and losses at a single glance.
- Keep track of used ammunition, health, magic points, and other resources on the In-play tab. Or, add temporary trait adjustments to represent the unhealthy effects of the Mythos on your investigator.
- Once your investigator is complete, generate standard text, HTML, BBCode or Wikitext statblocks to post on web forums, or save your hero as a PDF to upload to your website. Or, print your character to use at the gaming table.
- Our integrated editor allows you to add your own races, abilities, occupations, equipment, languages, tomes and more.
- For GMs, the Tactical Console allows you to keep track of who acts in which cycle, including tracking of readied firearms and multiple shots.
- Stock portfolios allows you to import common Mythos foes, such as the Mi-Go and Byakhees, into the portfolio. You can then use the Tactical Console to manage their interactions with players and NPCs.
Free Demo Version
We offer a free demo version of Hero Lab, letting you test-drive the product for an unlimited amount of time - no registration required! Download the demo now, or check our our downloads page for more details.
Other Games Supported: