This page describes d20 System support for Hero Lab. To read more about Hero Lab, visit the Hero Lab Features page, or the page for a specific game system - you can find links at the bottom of this page.
- Core data package includes almost all data from the d20 3.5 SRD - complete contents of PHB, DMG, partial MM, and Psionics.
- Character creation options from Pathfinder Adventure Paths are also included - Rise of the Runelords, Curse of the Crimson Throne and Second Darkness.
- Standard classes, prestige classes (including the Arcane Archer, Dragon Disciple, Loremaster and more) and NPC classes (Adept, Aristocrat, Commoner, Expert, Warrior) are included.
- Standard races, plus many monstrous races (including the Bugbear, Orc, Minotaur, and more), with level adjustments properly applied, are all included.
- Hundreds of pre-built stock heroes, from a variety of classes and races, are provided for GMs to use in their adventures.
- Create Half-Dragons, Half-Fiends, Celestials, Lichs, Vampires and more with the included templates.
d20 System Features
- All modifiers to skills and abilities due to class, race, template, attributes, etc are automatically calculated for you. These include extra languages, extra feats or skill points, save modifiers, combat modifiers, extra spells, skill bonuses, etc, saving you time and lots of page flipping.
- Choose how to generate your ability scores - roll them yourself, or use a "point buy" system that Hero Lab automatically calculates and validates for you.
- Choose your starting level and money - be a rookie level 1 fighter, or create a level 15 half-orc sorcerer NPC to use against the players.
Once you've created a hero, transfer him or her to the d20Pro or Fantasy Grounds virtual tabletops with just a few clicks of the mouse. This allows you all the power and flexibility of Hero Lab's character management engine, coupled with the extensive capabilities of virtual tabletop software, to run your regular game session.
- Never forget a skill synergy bonus again - Hero Lab automatically calculates all permanent bonuses to skills, and displays the rest on the Special tab for your reference during the game.
- Arcane Familiars, Animal Companions and other minions are tracked as complete heroes, and can be edited and printed just like any other hero.
- Always know how much you can carry, by checking our automatically generated encumbrance values. As a house rule, penalties from over-encumbrance can be ignored. Hero Lab even calculates how much your money weighs.
- Design custom magical equipment following all the rules from the DMG. Costs are automatically calculated and magical modifiers applied when you equip the item.
- Damage, class and attack penalty of outsize weapons is automatically calculated.
- Psionics support, including many Psionic classes (including Psion, Psychic Warrior, Soulknife, Cerebremancer, Pyrokineticist, and others) is included.
- Choose from many house and optional rules, such as ignoring armor check penalties, ignoring cross-class skill penalties, use of Action Points and ignoring Encumbrance.
- Unmet pre-requisites are properly flagged. For example, unavailable feats are marked with their list of requirements, so you can see at a glance which ones are and aren't available.
- Choose which weapons and armor to equip. Your attack bonus, armor class and armor check penalty are calculated automatically.
- Generate a random age, height and weight based on your race and character class.
- Our integrated editor allows you to add your own races, feats, classes, prestige classes, monster classes, weapons, armor, and more.
- Once your hero is complete, you can generate standard text, HTML, BBCode or Wikitext statblocks, save your hero as a PDF to upload to a website, or print out a character sheet to use at the game table.
More Screen Shots
Click here to see more d20 System Screen Shots and Sample Output.
Free Demo Version
We offer a free demo version of Hero Lab, letting you test-drive the product for an unlimited amount of time - no registration required! Download the demo now, or check our our downloads page for more details.
Other Games Supported: