This page describes Mutants & Masterminds support for Hero Lab. To read more about Hero Lab, visit the Hero Lab Features page, or the page for a specific game system - you can find links at the bottom of this page.
Please note! Hero Lab supports both 2nd and 3rd editions of Mutants & Masterminds. This means that you can use Hero Lab to create characters for either game.
When you activate Hero Lab for Mutants & Masterminds, you must pick one of these two game versions to use. The other edition of the game will be available in demo mode, and you can acquire full access to it for an additional fee.
What's Included for 3rd edition?
(Please note that choosing this game does not let you create characters for Mutants & Masterminds 2nd edition.)
- Core data package includes content from the Mutants & Masterminds 3rd Edition Hero's Handbook, plus new equipment and optional rules from the Supernatural Handbook and Gamemaster's Guide.
- Supplement data packages available for Power Profiles ($9.99), including hundreds of pre-built powers from the Power Profiles supplement, and Gadget Guides ($7.99), containing hundreds of incredible inventions and clever gadgets from the Gadget Guides supplement.
What's Included for 2nd edition?
(Please note that choosing this game does not let you create characters for Mutants & Masterminds 3rd edition.)
- Core data package includes the complete Mutants & Masterminds 2nd Edition Core Rulebook.
- Supplement data package (purchased at additional cost of $19.99) includes Ultimate Power, many rules from the Mastermind's Manual, and content from Book of Magic, Golden Age, Hero High, Iron Age, Lockdown, Mecha & Manga (including Mecha creation) and Warriors & Warlocks.
- Hundreds of pre-built stock heroes, from a variety of official Mutants & Masterminds supplements, are provided for GMs to use in their adventures.
Mutants & Masterminds Features
- Powers are completely configurable - Hero Lab allows you to add descriptors, feats, power feats, extras, flaws, drawbacks and alternate powers. Extras like "Duration" or "Action" can be added, allowing the basic characteristics of the power to be changed.
- See how many Power Points each ability, power and trait costs at a glance. Hero Lab also breaks down your total Power Points spent by category, allowing you to see where your Power Points are going.
- Power Point costs are automatically recalculated whenever you make a change. Powers include feats, extras, flaws, drawbacks and alternate powers in their total cost.
- Variable powers like Alternate Form, Shapeshift and Variable (Ultimate Power supplement only) allow you to configure saved "Power Settings" that you can activate with a single click.
- In-Play support includes full calculation of all derived statistics. Powers like Density, Super-Speed and shapeshift forms are all incorporated into your ability scores (and other traits) with a single click.
- When creating a player character, the Starting Power Level, Power Points and Power Points per Power Level can all be customized. When creating an NPC, you're free to add as many power points as you want, and Hero Lab will automatically calculate the Power Level for you.
- Power trade-offs clearly shown, allowing you to see where you're going over or under the power level limits.
- "Minions" and "Sidekick" feats (and the related powers) allow you to add child heroes whose Power Point cost is limited appropriately.
- Includes three different types of printed output - normal 2-page character sheet, summary 1-page character sheet, and summary statblock character sheet (for GMs). An optional 1-page play aid sheet can be appended to any of these. You can also output statblocks to text, HTML, BBCode or Wikitext.
- Includes over 150 character images previously published by Green Ronin, allowing you to personalize the look of your hero.
- Configurable settings allow you to enable and disable rules as you see fit - Power Level limits and trade-offs can be turned on and off, and individual rules from the Mastermind's Manual can be enabled and disabled.
- Heroes, Constructs and Minions can all be created. Hero Lab automatically removes the appropriate ability scores and damage conditions for the current hero type.
- Journal mechanism allows you to add Power Points and Wealth gained over the hero's adventuring career.
- Wealth rules are fully supported, including gaining wealth from the Profession skill and Benefit: Wealth feat.
- Includes rules for constructed equipment and devices as equipment, as used by the Costumed Adventurer archetype from the core rulebook.
- Includes sample Vehicles and HQs from the core rulebook, and allows you to create and configure your own.
More Screen Shots
Click here to see more Mutants & Masterminds Screen Shots and Sample Output.
Free Demo Version
We offer a free demo version of Hero Lab, letting you test-drive the product for an unlimited amount of time - no registration required! Download the demo now, or check our our downloads page for more details.
Other Games Supported: