This page describes Hero Lab's support for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game. To read more about Hero Lab, visit the Hero Lab Features page, or the page for a specific game system - you can find links at the top and bottom of this page.
Looking for something more visual? Check out these Hero Lab demo videos, uploaded to YouTube by ChiefWeasel - these show off many of Hero Lab's functions for Pathfinder.
Hero Lab now supports the Pathfinder Beginner Box! See below for details.
What's Included in the Core Package?
- Most data from the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook, including classes, races, skills, feats, equipment, magic items, and more.
- Complete content from the Pathfinder Inner Sea World Guide.
- Feats, items, prestige classes and other player content from the Pathfinder Adventure Paths, and similar content from all the old OGL adventure paths.
- Full support for Pathfinder Society (organized play) characters, including tracking your Pathfinder Society ID number, modified experience progression, Factions, and Traits. Additional traits from the web supplement are also included.
- Standard classes, prestige classes (including the Arcane Archer, Dragon Disciple, Loremaster, Pathfinder Chronicler and more) and NPC classes (Adept, Aristocrat, Commoner, Expert, Warrior).
- Standard player character races, all animal companion, familiar, and improved familiar options, and some common alternative races like the Hobgoblin and Drow are available for use.
- Also includes NPCs from the NPC Codex, Inner Sea NPC Codex, Gamemastery Guide, NPC Guide and Rival Guide for GMs to use when creating their adventures.
Hero Lab for iPad, currently available for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, is a free download available through the App Store!
Pathfinder Beginner Box
All Hero Lab licenses include full access to the Pathfinder Beginner Box game system! If you've purchased a Hero Lab license for any game system, you can also download and use the Pathfinder Beginner Box. Unlike other games, you can save and print Beginner Box characters in Hero Lab, even without a Pathfinder license.
Non-Hero Lab users can download Hero Lab Starter Edition, which supports the Pathfinder Beginner Box and is free to all users as a separate application. You can check it out it at our downloads page.
In addition to the core data listed above, the following supplement packages are now available for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game. Once purchased, you can use the content from any package to create Pathfinder characters and NPCs.
- The Advanced Player's Guide, Advanced Race Guide, Ultimate Combat, and Ultimate Magic packages are now available, adding new classes, archetypes, feats, spells, and more.
- The Bestiary and Bestiary 2 packages include hundreds of new races from the Pathfinder Bestiary, ready to be incorporated into your games.
- Our Player Companion and Campaign Setting packages include all content currently available in Pathfinder Player Companion and Pathfinder Campaign Setting books.
Click here to see more information on the available Pathfinder Roleplaying Game supplements for Hero Lab.
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Features
- All modifiers to skills and abilities due to class, race, template, attributes, etc are automatically calculated for you. These include extra languages, extra feats or skill points, save modifiers, combat modifiers, extra spells, skill bonuses, etc, saving you time and lots of page flipping.
- Choose how to generate your ability scores - roll them yourself, or use the "point buy" to create a Low, High or Epic Fantasy hero.
- Choose your starting level and money - be a rookie level 1 fighter, or create a level 15 half-orc sorcerer NPC to use against the players.
- Let Hero Lab handle the complexity to make it easier for you to keep up with your character. Instantly see how many ability score bonuses, custom abilities, and other special powers you get as you level up.
- For appropriate classes, choose from dozens of customizable abilities. Pick your Cleric Domains, Sorcerer Bloodlines, Paladin Mercies, Bard Versatile Performances, and more - Hero Lab takes them all into account for your character.
Once you've created a hero, transfer him or her to the d20Pro or Fantasy Grounds virtual tabletops with just a few clicks of the mouse. This allows you all the power and flexibility of Hero Lab's character management engine, coupled with the extensive capabilities of virtual tabletop software, to run your regular game session.
- Never forget a favored class bonus again - Hero Lab lets you select the bonus for each favored class level, including the new options from the Advanced Player's Guide.
- Arcane Familiars, Animal Companions and other minions are tracked as complete heroes, and can be edited and printed just like any other hero.
- Always know how much you can carry, by checking the automatically generated encumbrance values. As a house rule, penalties from over-encumbrance can be ignored. Hero Lab even calculates how much your money weighs.
- Design custom magical equipment with only a few clicks. Costs are automatically calculated and magical modifiers applied when you equip the item. Choose how much to pay, based on whether you find the item or buy it from a merchant with a surcharge or discount.
- Damage, class and attack penalty of outsize weapons is automatically calculated.
- Choose from many house and optional rules, such as ignoring armor check penalties, use of Action Points, use of Traits and ignoring Encumbrance.
- Unmet pre-requisites are properly flagged. For example, unavailable feats are marked with their list of requirements, so you can see at a glance which ones are and aren't available.
- Choose which weapons and armor to equip. Your attack bonus, armor class and armor check penalty are calculated automatically.
- Generate a random age, height and weight based on your race and character class.
- Our integrated editor allows you to add your own races, feats, classes, prestige classes, monster classes, weapons, armor, and more.
- Once your hero is complete, you can generate standard text, HTML, BBCode or Wikitext statblocks, save your hero as a PDF to upload to a website, or print out a character sheet to use at the game table.
Free Demo Version
We offer a free demo version of Hero Lab, letting you test-drive the product for an unlimited amount of time - no registration required! Download the demo now, or check out our downloads page for more details.
Other Games Supported: