This page describes Savage Worlds support for Hero Lab. To read more about Hero Lab, visit the Hero Lab Features page, or the page for a specific game system - you can find links at the bottom of this page.
- Core data package includes content from the Savage Worlds Deluxe Edition rulebook.
- Additional Super Powers Companion, Fantasy Companion, and Horror Companion data packages are now available, allowing you to use the powers and abilities from the Super Powers Companion, Fantasy Companion, and Horror Companion rulebooks. Buy all three together in the Companion Bundle and save money! See our pricing page for details.
Savage Worlds Features
- Buy edges, hindrances, and take rewards during character creation.
- Full pre-requisite tracking for edges shows you what is and isn't available, based on your character's traits.
- All calculations are performed automatically, including a full derivation breakdown for traits. See how the total value for an attribute was derived with a single click.
- Arcane backgrounds allow you to add arcane powers and track your total Power Points.
- Create Weird Science gizmos and choose which linked skill applies to their use.
- Borrow weird science gizmos from other characters for temporary use.
- Super powers are properly handled as arcane background skills.
- Automatic strength pre-requisite handling applies appropriate penalties to weapons your character doesn't meet the criteria for.
- Filter equipment based on the time period of the game - show or hide Medieval, Black Powder, Modern or Futuristic weapons, armor and gear.
- Apply temporary and permanent injuries to your character during his adventures.
- In-Play tab tracks Bennies, current health and fatigue, and power points, allowing you to use Hero Lab as an electronic character sheet during the game.
- Compact character sheet output adapts to the character as needed to show the necessary traits.
- Tactical Console allows GMs to manage encounters between players and NPCs, displaying important skills, saving throws, and other traits of each hero.
- Full character advancement handling allows you to track the progression of your character as he gains experience.
- Create NPCs with instant XP calculation based on their traits.
- GMs can create creatures with only a few clicks, then use Hero Lab's Tactical Console to throw them into battle against the players.
- Complex vehicles with weapon loadouts can be bought and tracked.
- Add allies to your character, representing henchmen or animal companions. These allies are tracked like normal heroes, and can be fully customized like player characters.
- New traits can be readily added for new Savage Settings using Hero Lab's integrated editor.
- Encumbrance management allows you to track your character's weight limits and see trait penalties if you exceed them.
- Complete validation of character creation allows new players to create characters by helping them to comply with the rules.
- Statblock (in text, HTML, BBCode or Wikitext) and PDF output lets you easily post your characters to web sites or forums.
More Screen Shots
Click here to see more Savage Worlds Screen Shots and Sample Output.
Free Demo Version
We offer a free demo version of Hero Lab, letting you test-drive the product for an unlimited amount of time - no registration required! Download the demo now, or check our our downloads page for more details.
Other Games Supported:
Army Builder is a registered trademark of Lone Wolf Development, Inc.
The Army Builder logo and the Lone Wolf Development logo are trademarks of Lone Wolf Development, Inc.
Hero Lab, the Hero Lab logo, Realm Works, and Fog of World are registered trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc.
Tournament Ace, Card Vault, Powered By Hero Lab, the Card Vault logo, the Realm Works logo, and the Tournament Ace logo are trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc.
Copyright © 1998-2017 by Lone Wolf Development, Inc. All rights reserved.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPad and Mac are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Other product names and logos are trademarks of their respective owners. See our Legal Details page for further information.