Earlier this month we introduced third-party application support in Realm Works, and our friends at Syrinscape, the creators of a fantastic sound app, are the first to take advantage of this feature! Now users are wondering, “How do I use Syrinscape with Realm Works?”
Integration is simple! But we’ll make it even easier by walking through the steps below:
- Open both Syrinscape and Realm Works. (Fun Fact: Syrinscape has a free demo, so you can follow along!)
- With Syrinscape open, click the gear icon in the lower left-hand corner, and enable the “Third Party App Integration”. With the feature turned on, click the plus button next to any mood or one-shot sound. This will copy a special code to your clipboard. We’ve copied the “Nothing Unnatural” mood from Syrinscape.
To help you out with this step, the folks at Syrinscape have created a fantastic video on their YouTube channel:
- Within Realm Works, copy this code into a snippet or use it to add a hyperlink to text. For example, we added it as a hyperlink to the text “play this soundset” in the introductory GM direction. Make sure you save the topic when you’re done.
- Make sure to disable the “Third Party App Integration” in Syrinscape, or the sounds will not play properly.
- You’re ready for the game! Just click the link, and Syrinscape will begin playing the mood or one-shot sound.
What do you think of the third-party application integration? Come join the conversation on our forums and let us know! And keep up with the latest Realm Works news, by liking Realm Works on Facebook, following @lonewolfdevel on Twitter, and/or following Lone Wolf Development on Google+.
- in Realm Works