Veteran C++ Developer (Position #1801)
Lone Wolf Development is seeking a veteran C++ developer to join our team. The right candidate will play a pivotal role in the future of our evolving product suite and our flagship Hero Lab product in particular.
We’re seeking a self-motivated individual with the drive and determination to make a difference. If you’re a resourceful, quick learner, with a knack for creative problem solving and the desire to craft quality software, we want to talk to you! You’ll be a core part of the team that will guide the direction of our products and ultimately help shape the tabletop RPG industry. If this sounds like a great fit for you, review the position specifics below and send us your resume right away.
Required Knowledge / Skills
The following skills and/or knowledge are absolute requirements for this position and are not negotiable:
- Demonstrated success delivering robust solutions for complex problems, ideally in a server-based environment
- Proven ability to design performant and scalable solutions
- In-depth knowledge of C++, ideally in the Microsoft Visual Studio development environment
- Clear understanding of object-oriented analysis, design principles, and development techniques
- Solid grounding in good software development methodologies, with a disciplined approach to development
- Familiarity with tabletop role-playing games (e.g. Dungeons & Dragons, Pathfinder, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Valuable Knowledge / Skills
The following items are not required for the position, but knowledge in one or more of these areas will be considered a significant plus when reviewing candidates:
- Demonstrated ability to produce well-conceived APIs
- Knowledge of web-based APIs and JSON
- Familiarity with Objective-C for OS X and/or iOS
- Cross-platform development experience using C++
- Expertise in XML, HTML, SQL, and assorted other acronyms ending in L
- Hands-on creation of Hero Lab data files
- Good customer interaction skills
- Enthusiasm for software, computers, and digital tools in general
- In-house tools development in scripting languages like ruby, python, or others
The candidate we’re seeking will possess the following qualities:
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and can manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Learns and adapts quickly, enabling timely contributions with minimal spin-up time
- Passion to innovate new ways of simplifying and streamlining tasks through digital tools
- Willingness to adapt and pitch in across a range of duties
- Desire and ability to work autonomously and effectively telecommute
Note: The position will consist of 95+% off-site work via telecommuting. Candidates must be confident in their ability to work well in a telecommuting environment and ensure that their living arrangements are conducive to working productively from home.
Other Position Details
Additional important details about the position include:
- Only applications from principals will be accepted – no third parties, please
- Selection process includes a written component, in addition to the usual phone screen and in-person interview
- This is a full-time, salaried position – no contractors, please
- Compensation depends on experience
- Must furnish proof of ability to legally work in the US
- Limited travel is required throughout the year
- Generous medical, dental, and vision benefits are provided for salaried staff
Note: The first few weeks will require on-site collaboration with the existing team to effect knowledge and get up to speed. Candidates must be prepared to spend their initial few weeks in Silicon Valley for that purpose.
How to Apply
Please email your resume and a summary of why you are an ideal fit for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying a subject line of “Position 1801”. Your resume must be in one of the following file formats: text, Word, Rich Text, or PDF.
You will receive an automated confirmation email in reply when your submission is received. If you are selected to participate further in the interviewing process, an appointment for a phone interview will be scheduled and/or a request for written answers to various questions will be given. Otherwise, we will keep your application on file for future consideration when new positions become available.
About Lone Wolf Development
Lone Wolf Development specializes in creating innovative digital tools for the tabletop gaming industry, allowing players to streamline game preparation, eliminate errors, and spend more time playing the games they love. With an ever-growing suite of tools, including the award-winning Hero Lab, Realm Works, and Army Builder products, Lone Wolf’s digital tools are the industry standard and are in regular use by over 100,000 gamers, from role-playing games to miniatures games. Find out more about Lone Wolf Development by visiting our web site at www.wolflair.com.