Gen Con 2016
Lone Wolf Development is proud to announce we’ll be attending Gen Con 2016 – find out more about what we’re doing below! We’ll be unveiling additional details as the show approaches, so check back regularly or keep an eye on our monthly newsletter!
- Lone Wolf Development Booth and Character Creation Station
- Gen Con Events
- Live RPG Plus!
- Digital Future of D&D 5th Edition
Lone Wolf Development has two locations at Gen Con – our booth in the Exhibit Hall (#1143) with Syrinscape, and our Character Creation Station in the Pathfinder Society Organized Play area. Be sure to stop by before the con is over!
Looking for us in the Exhibit Hall? We’re located at booth #1143. We’re at the corner of the Author’s Avenue area along one of the two main East-West corridors (enlarge the picture on the right, and you’ll see our booth at the top-right, beside our logo). We’ll be showing off our ENnie award-winning campaign management tool, Realm Works, at the booth, along with Pathfinder and D&D 5th edition character creation on Windows, Mac and iPad in Hero Lab!
We’re also bringing back our Character Creation Station in the Pathfinder Society Organized Play area! Build a character using our ENnie Award-winning character management software for any games you’re participating in (not just Pathfinder), or just check to make sure that your character meets all the necessary requirements for your day’s games. You can even drop by just to take Hero Lab for a spin!
We’re hosting 6 events at Gen Con this year! To learn more about a particular event, explore the event details below:
- 4-6pm (Crowne Plaza: Grand Central Ballroom C) – (SEM1689881) Realm Works – Tips, Tricks, & the Upcoming Content Market – Discover numerous tips & tricks to get the most out of Realm Works from the developers themselves, including recommended techniques for preparing content for the upcoming Content Market.
- 12-2pm (Crowne Plaza: Grand Central Ballroom C) – (SEM1689840) Hero Lab® & D&D 5th Edition – Introduction to Adding Your Own Content – Learn how to add content to Hero Lab for D&D 5th edition & other games, from one of our data file authors! This session is for users that haven’t used the editor before, or are just getting started. Bring your “.user” files for help on specific problems!
- 2-3:30pm (Crowne Plaza: Grand Central Ballroom C) – (SEM1689894) Digital Future of D&D 5th Edition – The SRD shakes up the landscape for D&D digital tools. Which tools will make an impact? What’s on the horizon? Leading companies share their visions and answer your questions. Find out who’s on the panel here!
- 4-6pm (Crowne Plaza: Grand Central Ballroom A) – (SEM1689880) Realm Works® 101 – – Find out why Realm Works is the tool every GM has dreamed about for managing campaigns! This seminar focuses on the basics of content development and organization. Transform the way you run your game!
- 7-9pm (Westin: Capitol III) – (ENT1687618) Live RPG Plus!™ Pathfinder All Star Special – Shape the adventure in this live, interactive, audience-driven RPG event! Join Dicestormers host Ben Loomes & an all star party of Pathfinder luminaries for this next-gen tabletop gaming experience. Find out more about Live RPG Plus here!
- 11am-1pm (Crowne Plaza: Grand Central Ballroom B) – (SEM1689875) Hero Lab® & Pathfinder – Adding Your Own Content – Learn how to add your own Pathfinder Roleplaying Game content to Hero Lab! This session covers material helpful to any Pathfinder author, from beginners to experienced Hero Lab users. Bring your “.user” files for help on specific problems!
7-9pm Saturday – Westin: Capitol III
Featuring an all-star line-up from the Pathfinder RPG design team, players Erik Mona, Jason Bulmahn, Wes Schneider and Crystal Frasier will attempt to survive one hour of live, audience-driven RPG action GM’d by Dicestormers host and creator of Syrinscape, Benjamin Loomes. Using the Realm Works campaign management tool and Syrinscape’s sound app, the Live RPG Plus event will transform the Westin Capitol III Ballroom into a fast and fun gaming experience for the players as well as the audience, who will contribute to the action via shout-outs and social media to alter the course of the game.
2-3:30pm Saturday – Crowne Plaza: Grand Central Ballroom C
The SRD shakes up the landscape for D&D digital tools. Which tools will make an impact? What’s on the horizon? Leading companies share their visions and answer your questions. Get your tickets today!
Matt M. McElroy
Matt also does freelance development and game design for companies like Onyx Path Publishing and Margaret Weis Productions. Some of the lines he has worked on include Vampire: The Masquerade and Hunter: The Vigil.
The creator of sound app Syrinscape, Benjamin’s passion for tabletop games began decades ago when, as a 10 year old, he was given the 1st Edition Dungeons and Dragons Redbox. He and his gaming group, the Dicestormers, can be found on his Youtube Channel.
Benjamin’s unique creative talent, combined with his love of social gaming has driven him to build something which is changing people’s gaming experience. The evocative moods of Syrinscape, from friendly taverns to dungeon depths, help to immerse players in the moment. Just where he wants them to be.
James Introcaso (moderator)
James is a podcaster, blogger, and game designer best known for his podcasts The Round Table and Gamer to Gamer on the Tome Show Network and his fifth edition design work on World Builder Blog. His latest podcast venture is the Rudy Basso-helmed comedy radio play Have Spellbook, Will Travel.
President of Mesa Mundi Inc., creators of the Monolith Touch Table, D20PRO (virtual tabletop) and co-creators of Battle Dice 40,000. Tobias combines years of role-playing game experience with a blend of art and computer science skills. Together, with a small team of talented programmers, artists and engineers, Mesa Mundi Inc. has re-developed the D20PRO virtual tabletop “from the ground-up” to provide expanded game systems, shadow casting, and many other advanced features.
President of SmiteWorks, creators of the Fantasy Grounds virtual tabletop software. Doug has spent nearly the last 3 decades as a gamer and works with a small development team to bring games from several dozen game publishers into the digital realm for play. Fantasy Grounds acquired a license to provide digital conversions for Dungeons & Dragons for online play and have converted every D&D fifth edition module for online and local play. They also provide conversions for numerous third-party adventures and supplements and they feature the most extensive library of licensed properties of any other virtual tabletop.
President of Lone Wolf Development and architect of products such as Realm Works®, Hero Lab® and Army Builder®. Rob has spent the past two decades creating software used by tens of thousands of gamers to augment the tabletop gaming experience.