Gen Con 2016 Newsletter
That’s right, just one week left until Gen Con! Come visit our booth for a demo of Realm Works or Hero Lab, or check out one of the many events and seminars we’re running during the show. Read on to find out more!
- New Realm Works Content Previews at Gen Con
- Hero Lab at Gen Con – Horror Adventures!
- TPK the Pathfinder Design Team in Live RPG Plus!
- Digital Future of D&D 5th Edition Panel
- Take the Lone Wolf Challenge!
- Realm Works & Hero Lab Seminars
- Booth (#1143) & Character Creation Station
When you buy an adventure, do you run it exactly as written? Or do you add your own flair and customizations? How about blending material from different publishers? Or weaving it all into your own creations?
At Lone Wolf, we want to do more with published content than just read it. We want to make it our own, and we bet you do, too. So a critical aspect of the Realm Works mission is to let you fully modify and adapt content after buying it. Unfortunately, providing such a massive array of customization is an extremely complex process that takes time and care to get right. We appreciate everyone’s patience as we complete the final pieces and promise it will absolutely be worth the wait!
The upcoming Content Market continues making steady headway. We released an outwardly minor update a week ago, but looks can be deceiving. This latest version introduces significant new pieces under the covers that are key elements of the Content Market. In fact, with these elements in place, we can now shepherd published content through the final stages of preparation for distribution. Another major milestone achieved!
With these key pieces finally in place, we’ll have new Pathfinder modules to preview at GenCon. They’re the first to roll off our new “production line”. So stop by booth #1143 and be the first to see them at the show!
A terrifying fate awaits you – Horror Adventures for Pathfinder releases at Gen Con! You’ll also find new player options in Legacy of Dragons, and the last chapter in the Hell’s Vengeance Adventure Path, if you dare to continue reading…
There are things that dwell in the dark places of the world, in long-abandoned crypts or musty attics—terrible things that can destroy your body and shatter your mind. Horror Adventures gives you everything you need to bring these nightmares to life. Within this book, you’ll find secrets to take your game into the darkest reaches of fantasy, where the dead hunger for the living, alien gods brood in dreams, and madness and death lurk around every corner. Rules for players and GMs alike pit brave champions against a darkness capable of devouring mind, body, and soul.
The Horror Adventures package for Hero Lab includes support for:
- Corruptions that can turn your character into a powerful monster, from a blood-drinking vampire to a savage werewolf. The only cost… is your soul! (laughs diabolically)
- Character options to help heroes oppose the forces of darkness, including horror-themed archetypes, feats, spells, and more!
- A detailed system to represent sanity and madness, giving you all the tools you need to drive characters to the brink and beyond.
- Expanded rules for curses, diseases, environments, and fleshwarping.
- New templates to turn monsters into truly terrifying foes, from creatures made of living wax to a stalker that can never be stopped!
- … and much, much more!
Horror Adventures will be available in our web store on August 4th for only $9.99!
Legacy of Dragons
Few creatures inspire greater awe than dragons, and Pathfinder Player Companion: Legacy of Dragons dives into the ripples left in these mighty creatures’ wake. Whether they help or harm, dragons make a lasting impression, from the legends and philosophies they inspire to the bloodlines they foster. In this package you’ll find new archetypes, spells, draconic bloodline options that allow you to access new eldritch abilities, and more!
Legacy of Dragons will be the last book in our Player Companion #23 package, available on August 4th for only $4.99!
Hell’s Vengeance #6: Hell Comes to Westcrown
Cheliax’s largest city, Westcrown, has fallen to the Glorious Reclamation, and the evil adventurers are sent to reclaim the metropolis in the name of House Thrune. Armed with the legendary weapon they created from a gold dragon’s head, the nefarious characters confront the Glorious Reclamation’s forces and break its siege of a nearby Hellknight citadel. Once the army is defeated, the villains enter Westcrown, where they must undermine the chivalrous knights’ rule of the city. Finally, they face the founder and Lord Marshal of the Glorious Reclamation to end the rebellion and restore the Thrice-Damned House of Thrune’s rule over the empire of Cheliax.
The Hell’s Vengeance Adventure Path package is available now, for only $24.99! Content from Hell’s Vengeance #6 will be added on August 4th.
Featuring an all-star line-up from the Pathfinder RPG design team, players Erik Mona, Jason Bulmahn, Wes Schneider and Crystal Frasier will attempt to survive one hour of live, audience-driven RPG action, GM’d by Dicestormers host and creator of Syrinscape, Benjamin Loomes!
Using the Realm Works campaign management tool and Syrinscape’s sound app, the Live RPG Plus event will transform the Westin Capitol III Ballroom into a fast and fun gaming experience for the players as well as the audience, who’ll contribute to the action via shout-outs and social media to alter the course of the game. Don’t miss it!
Learn what the future holds for 5e and tech! Our “Digital Future of D&D 5th Edition” panel, featuring panelists from Fantasy Grounds, DriveThruRPG, Mesa Mundi, Syrinscape, and Lone Wolf Development, is new to Gen Con this year. This panel is a must-see for anyone who wants to make the most of D&D 5th Edition, featuring guests from prominent companies with 5th edition- and RPG-focused products.
The panel starts at 2pm Saturday, August 6th, in the Crowne Plaza: Grand Central Ballroom C. Find out more on our web site, and get your tickets today!
Just like last year, we’re running the Lone Wolf Challenge in our booth (#1143). Come see us for a Realm Works demo, or attend one of our seminars, and you can start the challenge!
Complete any 6 out of 9 tasks and you can win one of 4 Ultimate RPG Prizes! Each prize includes a copy of Hero Lab or Realm Works, 2 RPG books from our publishing partners, plus software and other game-related gear!
Completed cards must be submitted by 12pm on Sunday August 7th, and the winners will be drawn at 1pm. You don’t have to be present to win, but you’ll miss out on collecting your prize in person, and you won’t see this year’s inspiring performance from Dan the Bard – find out what he’s been doing since his adventures at Bard Camp last Gen Con!
Come take the Lone Wolf Challenge at our booth, #1143 – we’re looking forward to seeing you!
In addition to the Digital Future of D&D 5th Edition panel and Live RPG Plus! event described above, we’re hosting 4 other seminars at Gen Con this year:
- 4-6pm (Crowne Plaza: Grand Central Ballroom C) – (SEM1689881) Realm Works – Tips, Tricks, & the Upcoming Content Market – Discover numerous tips & tricks to get the most out of Realm Works from the developers themselves, including recommended techniques for preparing content for the upcoming Content Market.
- 12-2pm (Crowne Plaza: Grand Central Ballroom C) – (SEM1689840) Hero Lab® & D&D 5th Edition – Introduction to Adding Your Own Content – Learn how to add content to Hero Lab for D&D 5th edition & other games, from one of our data file authors! This session is for users that haven’t used the editor before, or are just getting started. Bring your “.user” files for help on specific problems!
- 4-6pm (Crowne Plaza: Grand Central Ballroom A) – (SEM1689880) Realm Works® 101 – Find out why Realm Works is the tool every GM has dreamed about for managing campaigns! This seminar focuses on the basics of content development and organization. Transform the way you run your game!
- 11am-1pm (Crowne Plaza: Grand Central Ballroom B) – (SEM1689875) Hero Lab® & Pathfinder – Adding Your Own Content – Learn how to add your own Pathfinder Roleplaying Game content to Hero Lab! This session covers material helpful to any Pathfinder author, from beginners to experienced Hero Lab users. Bring your “.user” files for help on specific problems!
Join us at these seminars if you’re interested in learning the nuts and bolts of Realm Works, or finding out more about Hero Lab data file authoring!
Just like last year, we’ll be showing off Hero Lab and Realm Works in our Exhibit Hall booth, #1143, which we’re sharing with Syrinscape. You’ll find us at the corner of the Author’s Avenue area along one of the two main East-West corridors. If you’re curious about Realm Works or Hero Lab, if you have friends who’d like to know more, or if you just want to say hi, come on over!
We’re also bringing back our Character Creation Station in the Pathfinder Society Organized Play area! Build a character using our ENnie Award-winning character management software for any games you’re participating in (not just Pathfinder), or just check to make sure that your character meets all the necessary requirements for your day’s games. You can even drop by just to take Hero Lab for a spin!
Safe travels, and we hope to see everyone at the con!